Act One & Associates is
currently looking for an experienced instrument operator to perform a variety
of tasks associated with land surveying civil, and transportation engineering
in our Harrisburg, PA office. Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated,
and a detail oriented individual interested in joining our Land Surveying
department. Applicant must be able to work in a team environment as a key
member of a survey crew assisting in the performance of boundary, ALTA\ACSM
Title Surveys, topographic, right-of way acquisition, transportation, and
construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and surveying
technology. The position has opportunity for advancement for a motivated
individual willing to grow with the changing skills and technology required of
a Land Surveyor.
- Assist the field supervisor with all aspects of the
daily crew workload.
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
- Work independently as a one person crew as required.
- Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
- Daily care and charging of instrumentation.
- Continually advance knowledge with upgrades in
Required Skills & Required
- Survey instrument operation experience required.
- Must have a High School Diploma (Minimum).
- Must have good Mathematical skills.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must be proficient with the use of survey equipment.
(GPS, Robotics, Total Stations, Levels, and Data Collectors).
- Must be proficient with data collection software.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in
order to operate company vehicle.
- Must be dependable.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on
construction sites under all weather conditions.
The Engineer will be in charge
of planning, designing and permitting of small to large residential,
commercial, industrial and/or institutional subdivision and land development
projects from inception through completion of construction.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing conceptual layouts through final site design construction.
- Design tasks will include the preparation of site layout, street design,
parking and access design, grading design, stormwater management systems
design, erosion and sedimentation control designs, PennDOT Highway Occupancy
permit designs, NPDES and PCSM Permit designs, and PADEP
and USACE permit applications.
- Managerial responsibilities will include establishing project scopes and budgets,
client management, interaction with contractors and regulatory agencies, and
mentoring team members.
- Managing multiple design projects at any given time.
- Working with Engineering Managers to build and maintain client base.
- E.I.T. or PE License in Pennsylvania with 4 or more years experience
- Experience in Land Development
- Civil or Environmental Engineering Degree
- Ability to lead and motivate team as well as handle multiple projects at a
ACT ONE & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Positions will remain available until filled. Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
ACT ONE & Associates
4701 N Front Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110